图片 WTO英语900句(3)_足球app哪个好-足球app下载-官网推荐*

足球app哪个好-足球app下载-官网推荐*

当前位置:主页 > 英语学习 > 行业英语 > WTO英语 > >

WTO英语900句(3)

来源::未知 | 作者:足球app哪个好-足球app下载-官网推荐* | 本文已影响

What about W.P.A.?

  水渍险呢?

  W.P.A. has a broader coverage. It covers everything in F.P.A. plus partial loss caused by natural calamities.

  水渍险范围广一些,除了平安险的范围外,还包括自然灾害引起的部分损失。

  And All Risks?

  那么一切险呢?

  All Risks means WPA plus additional risks, or extraneous risks, risks not incidental to transport by sea.

  一切险就是水渍险加上附加险,附加险即不是由于海上运输本身的特性所带来的风险。

  incidental :作表语

  ~ (to sth) liable to occur because of sth or in connection with sth 易伴随发生; 因相关而产生:

  * the risks that are incidental to exploration 探险时容易遇到的危险

  * additional responsibilities that are incidental to the job 做这项工作要承担的额外责任

  I see. Now, for this particular article, what risks do you usually cover?

  我明白了。那么我们这批货,你们通常投保什么险呢?

  I have to say that I know every little about this clause. Can you explain it a little?。

  我得说我对这个条款了解很少。你能不能解释一下?

  clause:  paragraph or section in a legal document (eg a will, contract or treaty)  stating a particular obligation, condition, etc (在法律文件如遗嘱、 合同或条约中, 陈述具体义务、 条件等的)段落或章节; 条款:

  * There is a clause in the contract forbidding tenants to sublet. 合同中列有条款, 禁止承租人转租。

  OK.OMCC provides coverage of three basic, some additional risks and some special additional risks.

  好的。《海洋运输货物保险条款》承保三种基本险、一些附加险和一些特殊附加险。

  The three basic risks are Free from Particular Average (F.P.A.), With Particular Averaged (W.P.A.) and All Risks (A.R.)。

  这三种基本险是平安险、水渍险和一切险。

  What do they mean respectively?

  它们分别是什么意思?

  Well, roughly speaking, F.P.A. covers total loss resulting from both natural calamities and accidents, and partial loss caused by accidents.

  大体上说,平安险包括自然灾害和意外事故造成的全部损失和意外事故造成的部分损失。

  calamity / kэl'жmэti; kэ`lжmэti/ n serious misfortune or disaster 灾祸; 灾难:

  * The earthquake was the worst calamity in the country's history. 那次地震是全国有史以来最严重的灾难。

  * (joc 谑) There are worse calamities than failing your driving test.

  比起你驾驶考试不合格来说, 更大的灾难还多着呢。

  calamitous / kэ'lжmitэs; kэ`lжmэtэs/ adj ~ (to sb/sth) involving or causing a calamity; disastrous 受灾的; 造成灾害的; 灾难的。

  I'm afraid I’m not in a position to give you an answer. I'll have to consult our head office.

  恐怕我无权给您答复,我得和我们总公司联系一下。

  Well, my head office says the best we can do is to accept 60 days L/C.

  总公司说我们最多只能接受60天信用证。

  60 days? Thats all right.

  60天?好吧。

  But we wish to point out that it is only with a view to encouraging future deals with you that we are accommodating you this time.

  但是我们想指出的是,我们只是为了鼓励将来的交易才给你这个通融的。

  We always insure our goods with the People's Insurance Company of China as per their Ocean Marine Cargo Clause, Jan.1, 1981 revision.

  我们总是按照中国人民保险公司1981年1月1日的《海洋运输货物保险条款》向他们投保。

  I understand your position. But at the moment, I do have some difficulty.

  我理解您。但目前我确实有困难。

  I would like to bend the rules a little if possible.

  如果可能的话,我是愿意通融一下的。

  bend the `rules: (idm) change or interpret the rules, laws, etc in a way that suits oneself or the circumstances

  (根据情况)放宽规定; 变通; 通融。

  We'd be willing to give you a 10% down payment.

  我们愿意先付10%的定金。

  And the balance by 90 days L/C?

  余额用90天信用证支付吗?

  the balance : [sing] remainder of sth after part has already been used, taken, etc 剩余:

  * The balance of your order will be supplied when we receive fresh stock.

  贵方所订购货物之其余部分, 一俟我方进货即可供应。

  * When will you take the balance of your annual leave? 你打算什么时候使用剩余的年假?

  yes

  是的。

  Don't worry. We’re only asking for cash this time.

  别担心。我们只是这次要现金。

  Well, I think I have no other choice.

  那么,我只好答应了。

  Then that's settled.

  好,就这么定了。

  Yes. I have to admit that you are very astute.

  只好这样啦。我不得不承认您很精明。

  astute : / э'stju:t; US э’stu:t; э`stut/ adj clever and quick at seeing how to gain an advantage; shrewd

  精明的; 机敏的; 狡诈的:

  * an astute lawyer, businessman, judge of character, etc 干练的律师、 精明的商人、 知人之明

  * It was an astute move to sell just before prices went down. 正好在价格下跌前脱手, 真是精明之举。

> astutely adv. astuteness n [U].

  As this is the first deal between us, I hope we can trade on customary terms, i.e.,letter of credit payable against sight draft.

  由于这是我们之间进行的第一笔交易,我很希望能够遵照惯例,也就是说,用即期信用证付款。

  You don't mean to say you want cash, do you?

  您不是在说您想要现金吧?

  Actually, that's just what I wanted to say.

  实际上,这正是我想要说的。

  Don't you think a letter of credit is just as good as cash? And you can discount it at any time, if you like.

  您不认为信用证跟现金差不多吗? 而且如果您愿意,什么时候都是可以贴现的。

  The problem, you see, is that we are now at the turn of the century. We're worried about the millennium bug. To be on the safe side, I think cash is the only thing we can accept.

  您知道,问题是我们正处在世纪之交,千年虫让我们担忧。所以为保险起见,我们只接受现金。

  Will you still ask for cash in the future, I mean, after we enter the new century?

  将来,我是说进入新世纪以后,你们仍然要现金吗?

  I'm sorry. I have to think it over. As you are probably aware, the international money market is not so stable nowadays.

  很抱歉,我得好好考虑考虑。您可能有所警觉,当前国际货币市场不太稳定。

  Don't you trust me? I believe that our pleasant cooperation over the years has proved us trustworthy partners.

  您难道不相信我吗?我相信过去几年的愉快合作已经证明,我们都是值得信赖的业务伙伴。

  Yes, I know it. But I'm not worrying about your reliability …

  这我知道,但我担心的不是你的信誉……

  reliability : state or quality of being reliable 可靠(性); 可信(性)

  Let's consider another way, say, letter of credit. Do you think that’s acceptable?

  那么我们来考虑另一种方式,比如说信用证,您认为可以接受吗?

  A letter of credit should have been all right. But as you know, interest rates are changing from minute to minute. And we can not be assured that …

  信用证本来是可以的。但您知道,利率时刻都在变化,不能保证我们…

  Then when is the earliest shipment we can expect?

  那么最早什么时候可以装运呢?

  By the middle of October, I think.

  我想要到十月中旬。

  It's too late. You see, November is the season for this commodity in our market, and our Customs formalities are rather complicated.

  那太迟了。你知道,在我们那儿十一月是这个商品上市季节,另外我们的海关手续相当复杂。

  I understand.

  我明白。

  In terms of payment, would you like to accept D/P?

  付款方式方面,您愿意接受付款交单吗?

  As I just said, it's a long-distance transportation. I really don’t want to take any chances.

  我刚才说过,货物要经过长途运输,我实在不想任何冒险。

  You need have no fears about that.

  你不用担心。

  Well, I suppose there is no other choice.

  好吧,看来只能这样了。

  Now that we've settled the terms of payment, is it possible to effect shipment during September?

  我们已经谈妥了付款条件。是否能在九月份装运?

  now conj ~ (that)…… because of the fact (that)…… 由于……; 既然……:

  * Now (that) you mention it, I do remember the incident. 经你一提, 我想起那件事了。

  * Now you've passed your test you can drive on your own. 你驾驶考试既已合格, 就可以独自开车了。

  I don't think we can.

  我看不行。

  But we're only talking about shirts. They’re not fragile goods. Besides, cartons are light and easy to handle.

  但我们讲的是衬衣。衬衣不是易碎物品。而且纸箱轻便,容易搬运。

  fragile: / 'frжd3ail; US -d3l; `frжd3эl/

  Well, I just mean they're easily breakable.

  我是说纸箱容易破裂。

  There's no need to worry. We can reinforce the cartons with straps.

  这个不用担心。我们可以用条带加固。

  reinforce : make (sth) stronger by adding material, etc (以添加材料等)加固(某物):

  * reinforce the sleeves of a jumper, eg with elbow patches 在套头毛衣肘部加补钉

  * reinforce a wall, bridge, dyke, etc 把墙、 桥、 堤坝等加固。

  Look, these goods will have to go a long way before they arrive at our port. What if dampness gets into the package?

  但这些货物必须经过长途运输才能抵达我港。包装受潮怎么办?

  damp :adj (-er, -est) not completely dry; slightly wet 不完全乾燥的; 潮湿的:

  * damp clothes 潮湿的衣服 * a damp surface 潮湿的表面

  * Don't sleep between damp sheets. 睡觉时不要用潮湿的被褥。

  All the cartons are lined with plastic sheets, so they're absolutely water-proof, I can assure you.

  所有纸箱都内衬塑料袋,我可以保证绝对防水。

  Most of them do. But the background color should be a little lighter.

  大多数人是的。但底色好象应该再淡一些。

  No problem. What do you think of our logo?

  好。你觉得我们的标识怎么样?

  logo / 'lэugэu;  `lo.go/ n (pl ~s) printed symbol designed for and used by a business, company,  etc as its emblem, eg in advertising (企业、公司等的)专用标识, 标记, 商标(如用于广告中的)。

  Very good. Maybe you should move it a little closer to the middle.

  很好。再往中间靠一靠更好一些。

  Alright. Do you have anything to say about the outer packaging?

  好。外包装如何?

  You mentioned cartons, didn't you? I’m afraid cartons are not strong enough.

  你说的是纸箱吧?恐怕纸箱不够牢固。

  Please don't worry. All the bags are beautifully designed to come in line with the local market preference at your end.

  没问题。所有袋子都设计得很精美,符合你们当地市场的口味。

  in line with sth: similar to sth; in accordance with sth 与某事物类似或一致:

  * in line with the others/with the latest research 与其他的一致[根据最新的研究成果


足球app哪个好-足球app下载-官网推荐*